Sunday, February 24, 2008

Château Pesquié Les Terrasses rouge Côtes du Ventoux, 2004

Well I guess that this is whole idea with this blog and I thought why not start with something good.

Château Pesquié Les Terrasses rouge Côtes du Ventoux, 2004
Destributor:
Philipson wine for 59,95,- (by the case)
Area: Côtes du Ventoux in the southern Rhone valley
Grapes: 30% Syrah, 70% Grenache
Ratings: RP 90, Vinhulen 90 and Vinbladet 89
Taste notes: This is a dark and quite intense wine. There is lots of fruit such as plum and blackberry but this is supported by a nice woody licorice which leaves the impression of a well structured and well balanced wine. In my opinion this wine exemplifies some of the best that the southern Rhone valley has to offer (such as Chateauneuf du Pape and Gigondas) but at an amazingly low price.
Storage: My guess is that it will keep well for 2-3 years
Link: http://www.philipsonwine.com/default.aspx?p=24&sku=47151304
Tasted by: Mads Eggert

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God start og godt format! Mange hilsner fra Portugal (drud)

Grapejuices said...

I guess anyone can add to my notes. Just put in your initials. Eggert