Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Wine shopping in Lisbon

During the last days I've been around in the streets to find some of the bottles which I have been wanting to try for some time. Here is a little collection of midrange wines from 12-19 eur. The new Douro producer, Conceito with the special Bastardo 07, produced on the old Duero grape varaity of the same name. The label is a bit psycadelic - but I do hope that wines like this will prevail on the market. I briefly tried Conceito's Barstardo in Copenhagen on a tasting, which left me positively surprised. Niepoorts Redoma 08 branco - no further introduction needed. Finally I also found hold of a bottle of Pedra basta 07 from Richard Mayson's Quinta do Centro in Portalegre, Alentejo. Last but not least Ma Partilha 07 a 100% merlot from Bachaloa. Review of the wines will appear on the blog.

No comments: